Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lets All Come Together

If it is one thing in the world that I don't think is overrated, it's sports. I love sports. I believe that it is sports that bring the world together and we forget about all of our problems. The sport I love the most is soccer. All sports are great but soccer is the most looked at sport from around the world. We have World Cup every four years and this year it is in Africa. World Cup is where every country from around the World comes together. I myself play soccer and hate it when the season is over. My friends that go to different schools don't really get to visit with me that much, so we get together every soccer season and play together. When you walk onto the field and you start playing you feel as if you are in another world. The soccer field around the corner of myu house has a certain smell and feeling about it that makes me want to stay there all day.
I believe that soccer and football are the two sports that take the most skill. Soccer is the hardest though. For soccer you have to be fast, you have to have endurance and you have to have good teamwork most of all. Some of the same characteristics are in football. Like football soccer is not a one man team. You have to work together in order to score. In soccer you have to pass to one each other and in football you have to protect you quarterback. In soccer you chip the ball to the middle for your teammate to finish it off with a headbut. Meanwhile in football you toss a latteral and clear the way for your runningback to go straight into the end zone. No matter how hard you try, you won't win the game on your own.
This year for World Cup I will either cheer for Brazil, or Juventus from Italy. Italy and Brazil usually win every other World Cup. At the last World Cup Italy won and Brazil came close. A lot of people in my family are Italian, but not all of them watch the World Cup. I have watched a ton of soccer videos lately and most of the teams look really good. I believe that every team is good, it is just that some teams have something that other teams don't. Some teams may have really good speed and shooting skills, but the team going against them may have great passing and shooting skills. All teams have a special weapons. For some it may be there best player, but for some it may be there arrangement of players on the field.
I don't care who wins the World Cup, I watch it because I love soccer all together. I also watch the Super Bowl every year. I don't usually cheer for anyone special, but if there is a certain team that is doing really good I will cheer for them. Soccer is my sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment